Here is the email received by the Society for Promotion of Community Standards Inc. (SPCS) from Herald on Sunday reporter Andre Hueber on Friday April 29, 2011 at 10.38 AM regarding LA Zombie, a film we were told was that was prevented from being screened at the Melbourne International Film Festival in July 2010. The Festival organisers had proposed to screen it, but the necessary ‘exemption’ for screening an unclassified film was not granted in that instance (pers. comm. Paul Tenison, Acting Applications Manager, Classification Branch, Australian Attorney General’s Department).
Steve Crow – Eden Digital Ltd and US porn sources
The Dominion Post reports today: “[Stephen Peter] Crow, who is desperate not to carry a conviction as it would bar him from entering the United States where much of his pornography is obtained: said “I plead not guilty” [before Judge Russell Johnson in the Auckland District Court yesterday].
Crow’s “not guilty” plea was entered in relation to the Ministry of Economic Development’s allegation that he breached a banning Order imposed on him by the Registrar of Companies (served personally on him on 14 May 2010), preventing him for four years under s. 385 of the Companies Act 1993 from directing, managing or promoting a company in Australasia.
The Ministry has highlighted Crow’s promotion and management last year, of the NZ-based porn distribution company Eden Digital Ltd, now directed soley by John M Carr CPA, a San Antonio United States-based businessman and investor, as an example of Crow’s breach of the Order. (Mr John Malcolm Carr is owner, principal and registered agent of Better Business Services Inc. a US-registered corporation that owns a number of websites marketing and promoting hard core porn).
Crow told the Judge Russell Johnson yesterday that he would agree to plead guilty to the charge, but only if he was granted a “discharge without conviction” under s. 106 of the Sentencing Act 2002. The Judge naturally refused this ‘deal’ pointing out to Crow what most informed people already know, that such a discharge, if granted, is always conditional on the accused entering a guilty plea.
The Judge therefore declined the discharge application and indicated that if Crow pleaded guilty he would impose a fine. As noted, Crow refused to admit guilt and chose to enter a “not guilty” plea – forcing the matter to a defended hearing. This has been set down for three days commencing 12 September 2011.
If a person is convicted of a breach of s. 385 of the Act, a custodial sentence of up to five years jail or a fine of up to $200,000 can be imposed by the Court.
Porn magnate Steve Crow loses court battle – NZPA
“Boobs on Bikes organiser Steve Crow had his application to be discharged without conviction for allegedly breaching a ban on managing companies thrown out in Auckland District Court today…….
[The charge relates to his alleged management of the hardcore porn distribution company Eden Digital Ltd which currently has John M Carr CPA, a San Antonio US-based businessman and investor, as its sole director. Prior to the four-year banning order imposed on Crow on 16 April 2010, Stephen (Steve) Peter Crow co-directed this company with John Malcolm Carr CPA and Shirish D Vagal].
“Judge Johnson indicated he would impose a fine should Crow plead guilty, but Crow said he wished to have a defended hearing.
“This has been scheduled for September 12 and expected to take three days.”
– NZPA – Full story link: 27 April 2011
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10721825
Steve Crow faces defended hearing over his alleged breach of banning order
Stephen (Steve) Peter Crow represented himself when he appeared in Courtroon 11 of the Auckland District Court at 10 am this morning facing a charge under the Companies Act 1993, brought against him by the Ministry of Economic Development.
He was charged with acting as a company director while under a four year banning order imposed on him by the Registrar of Companies under s. 385 of the Companies Act – a ban that took effect on 16 April 2010. It is alleged that he breached the ban after he organised and led the 2010 “Boobs on Bikes” parade.
His former company Eden Digital Ltd, now directed by John M Carr CPA – a San Antonio US-based businessman and investor, was also named as an organiser of the porn promotion parade (which has always served to promote the Erotica Lifestyles Expo – run by Eden Digital Ltd – that is held a few days after the parade).
Crow told the court he was not a director of the pornography distribution company Eden Digital Ltd and he was part of the parade because of his experience with the “freedom of expression” event. (Eden Digital Ltd is fully owned by CVC Group Ltd, directed by John Malcolm Carr CPA).
Crow pleaded “not guilty” to the charge of breaching the banning order imposed under s. 385 of the Companies Act. A defended hearing is set for 12 September 2011.
See: Charge ‘attack on Boobs on Bikes’ [claims Steve Crow] by Ian Steward
“A prosecution of porn king Steve Crow is a veiled attempt to shut down his Boobs on Bikes parade, the pornographer has told a court.”
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4932200/Charge-attack-on-Boobs-on-Bikes [Read more…]
‘Sick puppy’ saw porn in prison before murder
It was an ”indictment” on the system [Dept of Corrections] that someone like [Malcolm] Chaston [now a convicted murder] could source objectionable material [pornograhy] while behind bars. ”It is hugely irresponsible and a disgrace,” he [Garth McVicar – Sensible Sentencing Trust Founder] said.
WHITE SUPREMACIST Malcolm Chaston was allegedly able to watch soft-porn movies before being released from prison and murdering young mother Vanessa Pickering.
Chaston will be sentenced on Monday on the murder charge and also of the sexual assault of another female.
Sensible Sentencing Trust founder Garth McVicar has released an email sent to him from a prison guard in the months leading up to Chaston’s prior release from jail in mid-2008.
The unnamed guard wrote of Chaston: ”He is a very sick puppy and these sex movies just feed his sickness.
”He watches these movies and skites about things he is going to do when he gets out.
”This is a very sick place, can you imagine why they would let sex offenders watch sex videos. God help us and the poor woman these mongrels come across when they get out.”
The email stated: ”I wonder if you are aware that the Dept of Corrections has recently decided that R16 videos and DVDs are OK to be shown in prisons.
”There is no distinction as to what type of R16 is shown to what type of prisoner _ i.e. a soft porn R16 can be shown in a sex offenders unit, and R16 with violence can be shown to violent prisoners.
”Can you imagine what these videos do to mongrels like Malcom [sic] Chaston …”
Source: Sex Movies before murder. By Neil Reid 15 April 2011 (Fairfax Media)
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/4893344/Sex-movies-before-murder [Read more…]