John Edward Clancy sole director of Global Developments Madras St Ltd. This is the fourth company directed by Clancy that has been recently put into liquidation. On 7 August 2015, according to Companies Office Records, Garry Cecil Whimp of Blacklock Rose Ltd, Whangarei, was appointed Liquidator of this company that was incorporated on 18 October 2013 and has been jointly owned by FJ40 Trustees Ltd and John Clancy. The latest Annual Return the company filed was on 18 September 2014 and it was filed by Richard Somerville (Walker Townsend Ltd), Clancy’s accountant. Somerville is the sole director and owner of FJ40 Trustees Ltd.
John Clancy: Collapse of companies directed by John Edward Clancy prompts call for Companies Office oversight.
Story by Chris Hutching – National Business Review. Monday July 27, 2015 [Read more…]
John Edward Clancy, sole director of three building companies recently put into liquidation, has readily accessed the Companies Office website as “Presenter” and ‘authorised’ the record of a transfer of all the 80 shares listed as owned by “FJ40 Trust” in OJJ Christchurch Central Ltd – into the ownership of Riani Suhandi. These shares – 20% of the company – were “owned” by a “Trust” with no trustees names ever having been recorded against the shareholding record – a clear breach of the Companies Act 1993 by Clancy. [Read more…]
John Edward Clancy is recorded on Companies Office Register as the sole director of Global Developments (Waltham) Ltd which was put into liquidation on 22 July 2015 by Order of the High Court under s 241(2)(c) of the Companies Act 1993. The petitioning creditor was the Inland Revenue Department. David Murray Blanchett of PriceWaterhouseCoopers Auckland was appointed by the Court as Liquidator. (This is the third company directed by Clancy that has been put into liquidation in recent months).
John Edward Clancy’s “signature” is recorded on the Director’s Consent Certificate he “signed” sometime on or before the 21 January 2014, which was faxed at 10.21 that day to the Companies Office from Tim Fleming Associated Ltd, registered office Level 5, 64 Khyber Pass Road, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand. The Certificate was completed by the accountant acting for all the companies John Clancy directs, Richard Townsend Somerville, of Walker Somerville Ld, which has its registered office at Level 5, 64 Khyber Pass Rd, Newmarket, Auckland, 1023 , New Zealand. (Somerville and Fleming work in the same office).
The “John Clancy” signature on the Director’s Certificate would appear NOT to be his. It does not match in any way the signatures on numerous other Director’s certificates he has signed.
Compare for example his signature with his signatures involving the incorporation of Global Homes Ltd (now called LF Holdings Ltd) on 8 July 2009.
[Note: As of 29 November 2011 John Clancy’s individually held ownership in “Global Homes Ltd” was reduced from 100% to 5%. The remaining 95% of the shares were transferred to a Trust of which John Edward Clancy and his wife Youngmee Clancy are the only trustees. As trustees they jointly own the shares with a trustee service company – Clancy Trustee Company Ltd, owned and directed by Somerville].
The Consent Certificate for the shareholder of Global Developments (Waltham) Ltd – FJ40 Trustees Ltd – was signed by Richard Somerville and faxed to the Companies Office at 15:21 on 20 January 2014 from the Office of Tim Fleming Associates Ltd. All the company’s 1000 shares are jointly held by FJ40 Trustees Ltd (owned and directed by Somerville), and the Trust’s single trustee John Edward Clancy.
To view all the John Edward Clancy directed companies and owners see:
Graham Dennis HEWER was appointed by John Edward Clancy as director of Derby Grey Ltd (formerly Global Developments (NZ) Ltd), a property development company, effective on the same day as it was put into liquidation – 14 October 2014 owing over one million dollars to creditors. The Director’s Consent Certificate for Hewer was completed by Richard Somerville (Walker Townsend Ltd), the accountant for all Clancy’s companies. Earlier that day at 09:33:24 Somerville filed a document online verifying that all the shares of the company, formerly jointly held by Clancy and FJ40 Trustees Ltd; had been transferred to Graham Hewer – of residential address 87 Byron Street, Sydenham, Christchurch, 8023, New Zealand. Six days later on 20 October 2014 Somerville filed a document stating that John Edward Clancy of residential address 19 Bennington Way, Wigram, Christchurch, 8042, NZ, had ceased being director. The change of the company name to Derby Grey was made effective on 9 October 2014, just five full days prior to the company being put into liquidation by the Special Resolution of its Shareholders under s. 241(2)(a) of the Companies Act 1993.
See PDF Links for companies directed by John Edward Clancy